Sunday, December 26, 2010

Baked Sunday Mornings: Monkey Bubble Bread


So last week, when I made the Nutella Scones for the Baked Sunday Mornings group, I was really supposed to have made Monkey Bubble Bread. However, I knew that I had been wanting to make the Monkey Bread for Christmas morning, so I decided to make and post about it one week late. In this case, it's definitely better late than never. This recipe's a killer.



This is some of the most addictive, rich, gooey, coma-inducing stuff I've ever made, hands down. It is not for the faint of heart. That said, I had an absolute ball making it (no pun intended!). The yeast dough is very easy to work with; you divide it into 60 little balls, which you then dip into butter and dark brown sugar/cinnamon. You take all your balls and arrange them in a bundt pan as though you are building a brick wall. Once all the yumminess has baked, you wait 5 (agonizing) minutes before flipping the bundt pan over and releasing the bread out into the wild. Once the bundt pan has been removed, all the melted butter/brown sugar gooey-ness oozes down the sides and the middle and just soaks in and envelops everything in its decadence.

It is truly one of those treats that I just could not fathom making on any other occasion than Christmas, that one day out of the year where I can justify myself eating something so evil (in a good way, of course!).



I'm glad I finally got to make Monkey Bread from scratch. I have made it several times before, but always the "cheat" way, with tubes of refrigerated biscuit dough. Let me just tell you, this way is so much better and so well worth the extra time and effort it takes to make. As my five year-old son told me on Christmas morning, "Mom, there is nothing in the world that tastes better than Monkey Bread!" So there you have it!



Since I'm about the last one to blog and post about this, make sure to check out the other posts on this scrumptious bread by clicking over to the Monkey Bread Leave Your Link, here. That is also where you'll find the full recipe. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment