Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthday, Anniversary, Easter Egg Hunt, Oh My!



Wow, it is really exhausting having two kids sometimes! I just can't imagine having more than that, I think I'd be in over my head. Today was busy and crazy, but finally here I sit, ready to write. That is, if I don't fall asleep first.


Xander has had a very full week, but the highlights had to have been his weekend with Nana and Papa, and Daddy's birthday on Monday. Luckily, his behavior has for the most part been much improved, even though last week he did some truly ridiculous things. Let's see. Decorating kitchen chairs with stickers? Check. Giving Fred, his trusty stuffed dog, a bath in the sink? Check. I sometimes wonder if he sees that I'm busy with Evan and tries to come up with the most obnoxious thing he could possibly do to grab my attention. Well, he succeeded.


Back to this past week, though. We went to the Easter Egg Hunt at Eckert's Farm over the weekend and had a great time. The weather was gorgeous and we hit the farm early enough that the real crowds hadn't shown up yet. That evening, Andy and I had an actual date. We finally got to try The Pasta House, a restaurant we've been wanting to go to for a while, but had never been. I wish I could say we had a spectacular experience there, but I'd be lying. The food was just okay, and the service wasn't much better. For the price we paid for the meal, we'd have been better off going to The Olive Garden. It would have been closer to home, too!


Andy got to take off for his birthday on Monday, which was nice because he rarely ever does. Evan had his four-month checkup that morning, and we drove there with snow coming down. It was ridiculous to me; it is April, right? Luckily the snow didn't last very long, and it didn't accumulate at all. Evan's appointment went well; he is 16 lbs. now, 25 in. long. The doctor told us we could start feeding him cereal, so we figure we'll wait until after Easter weekend to try that, since we'll be away for a couple of days.




The rest of the birthday was, I hope, relaxing and fun for Andy. He requested baked ziti for dinner and a lemon cheesecake for dessert, and I was happy to oblige. He responded by buying me flowers! He set them up on our windowsill with a bit of Andy quirkiness mixed in. Back to the cake. I really enjoyed making it, as it's been forever since I've made a cheesecake. On the other hand, I have sworn off such evil goodies for the duration of my diet, so it was hard for me not to be able to try it. I hear it's good though!






Most exciting was the fact that Andy could finally buy the Wii Fit with his birthday money, and he picked it up on Sunday night. We're already kind of obsessed. And sore. That thing really does work you out! It's been too long since we have been active like that, and it showed in our muscles the morning after our respective workouts. I'm so glad we have it now, though. It should be easier to use during stolen moments that we aren't too busy with the kids.


I'll end with something random. Andy got a little trigger happy with the camera when we were taking food pictures, and made a silly piece of hummus art. Here you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment