Thursday, June 9, 2011

CEIMB: Apple Pecan Muffins


Wow, I almost completely spaced on this week's Craving Ellie in My Belly this week! I must really still be on vacation or something! But I managed to pull it together long enough to snap some photos of this week's recipe, Apple Pecan Muffins, chosen by Joanne of Apple Crumbles.



If you're wondering how I could have produced muffins to photograph when I could barely even manage to remember to post about them, the answer is very simple. I always, always have these muffins on hand in my house. Out of all of Ellie Krieger's recipes that I have tried (and I've probably tried over a hundred by now), this one is the hands-down household fave. In fact, my husband eats two every single work day! I freeze single and double batches of these muffins, so that he can easily thaw and tote some to work each and every day. I've even tried varying the basic formula, but he just likes the muffins the way Ellie intended them; no bells and whistles are needed here! It's probably the first recipe I've ever committed to memory; I could crank these puppies out in my sleep by now. One quick note: I can usually get at least 15 muffins per batch, rather than the yield of 12 listed in the book.

It's been about 3 years now since the first time I have made the Apple Pecan Muffins, and I still have not been able to bake my husband a muffin that he prefers over these. So I probably would have eventually chosen these as my weekly pick, but Joanne beat me to it! I'm so glad the group is finally making these, because in my opinion the whole world should know about these! Thanks to these muffins, I am no longer afraid to eat apple in baked goods. Not only that, but they've taught me how to transform any old muffin recipe into a lower-fat version, and for that I will always be grateful to Ellie.



If you made these muffins this week, I'm dying to hear how you liked them! Everybody's results can be found by heading over to the blogroll, here. And for the full, glorious recipe, you can go to Food Network's website and find it here.

6 comments:

  1. I will definitely make these again, and you know if I'm saying that, it's quite a compliment considering how little baking I like to do :) They were really easy and turned out great. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you are my idol. . that you make and freeze these and have them every day!! My husband would love that. I'm semi-retiring tomorrow so I will have more time to cook starting next week. Yippee. Yours muffins are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really have to start learning not to read blogs around lunchtime.... These muffins make me hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do understand how you makes these over and over again. They are an understated surprise treat. I am sure they will be a staple in our house, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These were a very good little (and big) muffin. I hid some away in the freezer so I could have them all to myself. When it's really good, I get to eat most of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Yeah!! These were definitely one of Ellie's best. Will make the a LOT!! There on some in the freezer as we speak and there will be more.

    ReplyDelete