Sunday, September 25, 2011

Baked Sunday Mornings: Honey Corn Muffins


I'm back with another Baked Sunday Mornings post today! This time around, we made Honey Corn Muffins, an easy, delicious muffin if ever there was one. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or as an accompaniment with dinner, these little cuties taste like cornbread with a glossy sheen from the honey. They're good at room temperature, but they're phenomenal when they're warm.



I have really grown to love cornbread lately, but making these muffins made me realize something; I think I like my cornbread savory, rather than sweet. These were scrumptious, don't get me wrong. But I had to think of them like a sweet muffin in order to fully embrace them. When I thought of them as a corn muffin, I found myself wishing I had cut down the sweetness in the recipe. If I make these again, I think I will still add the honey, but omit the brown sugar. I just don't think they need both.



I'm really glad I made these; otherwise, if it weren't for the blogging group, I may have overlooked them completely. And that would have been a shame! To see if the other members of the group liked these, head on over to the blogroll, here.

9 comments:

  1. I'm used to cornbread being savory as well, but I do like these. I think it might make a difference with the flavor of honey you use as well, so it might be fun to experiment. Your muffins look so pretty and moist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the sweet cornbread camp but enjoy savorier versions as well as long as they aren't too dry. I think one of the things I liked best about this recipe was that the muffins were really moist. Your muffins look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your muffins don't have the "dry" look...they are inviting. I was thinking about that peanut butter recipe that we used with the chocolate loaf...as I recall it had cream cheese. Before deciding on chili, etc, I was thinking that peanut butter recipe would be good with these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny....sweet they were. Almost too sweet! They look wonderful though....not dry at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like mine sweet! They were just right for my taste. Love the way yours look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like corn muffins sweet and I like them savory. I do play around more with the savory ones.

    The muffins look almost airy, yes, that good.

    http://sweetsav.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you liked them :) didn't grow up eating corn bread like most of the group, so i didn't see the appeal and skipped them. can't wait for the next recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We really liked, these, too. They are sweet, but nice for a change. I agree - great any number of ways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea if my last comment just took so let me try it again. I miss you! Any chance you want to cook/bake with Ellie recipes again and post at the blog site on the linky every now and again? I'm still cooking and so is Margaret and it would be great to see you pop up as well. It's a lot easier now because you can pick your own recipe each time, fits in with the family menu plan. I hope you will join us again. Hope all is well with you and yours. xo

    ReplyDelete