Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baked Sunday Mornings: Cowboy Cookies


For this week's Baked Sunday Mornings, we got to make something we don't usually make for this group: cookies. Cowboy Cookies, to be exact. And I have to tell you, I was really excited for these cookies! Yet another play on sweet/salty flavor pairings, these are unique and delicious.



At first glance, these may just appear to be your standard, everyday chocolate chip cookies. No, sir, that would not be entirely accurate! In fact, these are chocolate chips cookies, but enhanced. They are enhanced with a heavy dose of oats and my personal new favorite cookie ingredient, salty pretzel sticks. This has to be one of the greatest ideas ever! I'm telling you, the first time you bite down on a bit of pretzel, it's a surprise. But it's an incredibly pleasant one. The crunch, the salt, the flavor; it all just works so well! If you are a fan of chocolate covered pretzels, consider this your cookie.



I love the addtion of the oats, too, although I would not have thought to put them in there if the Baked boys hadn't told me to. It's definitely not your grandma's oatmeal raisin cookie, that's for sure! In fact, I'm glad there are no raisins or nuts in these cookies, because neither are needed at all. This cookie is different, but familiar. It's indulgent, but hearty enough to seem at least a little bit good for you. I don't think I need to do any more convincing here; you just need to make them!



I'm eager to see if everybody else in the group were as blown away by these cookies as I was. I hope so! You can see all the yummy results over at the blogroll, here.

8 comments:

  1. I think I loved them just as much as you did! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture of your cookies is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look delicious! I am also a huge fan of pretzels and chocolate together in cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep.....these blew my socks off too! Loved them. Your look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep, totally blown away. love love these. yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with your description of these cookies and your look beautiful. I'm in the mood to bake these again this week...like tomorrow. I just love the pretzels and that sweet-salty combo. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad, I finally found someone who liked these. I think, I started with the wrong foodies. We love them also.

    ReplyDelete